Fun Year-Round Activities in Colorado Springs
Colorado Springs offers something for everyone, including the breathtaking Garden of the Gods Park, historic trains and museums, a zoo, restaurants, shopping malls and more. When you stay with us at Hyatt Place Colorado Springs/Garden of the Gods, you’ll be conveniently close to all the best activities and things to do in the area. Our guestrooms with a plush Hyatt Grand Bed®, Cozy Corner sofa sleeper, 42” HDTV and luxury skin and hair care amenities from KenetMD™ offer plenty of space for your entire party to relax after a day of Colorado Springs adventures.
annual events in colorado springs
From hockey tournaments to Air Force Graduations to holiday celebrations, there’s something to do in Colorado Springs all year long. Our annual events offer fun for all ages, whether you’re tossing fruitcake across a field at the Cool Science Kid’s Mini Fruitcake Toss, sampling authentic German food and drinks during Oktoberfest in Woodland Park or racing 13 miles up Barr Trail to the summit of Pikes Peak during the annual Pikes Peak Marathon. Take a look at a few of events taking place in Colorado Springs below and then book your stay at Hyatt Place Colorado Springs/Garden of the Gods.
- January – Cool Science Kid’s Mini Fruitcake Toss
- February – CSAHA Hockey Tournament, Cripple Creek Ice Festival & Bighorn Sheep Day
- March – St. Patrick’s Day Activities
- May – U.S. Air Force Graduation & Manitou Springs Wine Festival
- June – Donkey Derby Days, Royal Gorge Whitewater Festival & Pikes Peak International Hill Climb
- July – Pikes Peak or Bust Rodeo & Rocky Mountain State Games
- August – U.S. Air Force Parents Weekend, Mountain Arts Festival & Vino & Notes Wine Festival
- September – Oktoberfest in Woodland Park
- October – Colorado Springs Science Festival & Emma Crawford Coffin Race
- December – Festival of Lights & New Years’ Eve Events
delectable dining in the city
Fine-dining is hard to miss in Colorado Springs. In the city, restaurants line the streets with mouthwatering cuisines varying from German to Jamaican. Classic American steakhouses like MacKenzie’s Chop House is not without good company and even the pickiest palate will find something to love. Our location next to I-25 means that you are only minutes away from fun times and tasty food in Colorado Springs.
Spectacular Shopping Malls and Stores
Explore the boutiques, world-famous chains, malls and discount stores of Colorado Springs. Fashionistas and leisurely shoppers alike will be impressed with the sheer number of options available. Walk around our one of a kind shopping districts like Old Colorado City, Manitou Springs, Monument and Downtown for the essentials and special pieces you can only find here. Visit the American Classics Marketplace for over 300 vendors of antique merchandise in Colorado’s largest craft mall. Featured every weekend, the Colorado Springs Flea Market is the place for live music, rides, food and up to 500 vendors selling their wares. Hit the pavement hard during the day and sleep soundly at Hyatt Place Colorado Springs.
- Chapel Hills Mall – 4.9 Miles
- The Promenade Shops at Briargate – 6.2 Miles
- American Classics Marketplace – 6.9 Miles
- The Citadel Mall – 7.2 Miles
- Colorado Springs Flea Market – 9.4 Miles
If you feel like sampling some local activities, just let us know. We'll be happy to help with tickets, tee times, tours, reservations or recommendations. We're here to make your visit as productive, entertaining and enjoyable as possible.